- Who started The Pledge of the Computing Professional?
- Following an initial conversation between Ken Christensen (University of South Florida) and John K. Estell (Ohio Northern University), the effort to define a new organization was initiated via a solicitation on the SIGCSE mailing list in March 2009. The following participants (in addition to Ken and John) were involved in the initial development of The Pledge of the Computer Professional: Stephen O. Agyei-Mensah (Clarion University of Pennsylvania), Bill Albrecht (McNeese State University), Anne Applin (Southern Maine Community College, previously of Ithaca College) Beverly Bachmayer (Intel), Venu Dasigi (Southern Polytechnic State University), Molisa Derk (Dickinson State University), Leslie D. Fife (Louisiana State University in Shreveport), Dennis Frailey (Raytheon Company), Becky Grasser (Lakeland Community College), George Harrison (Norfolk State University), Jim Huggins (Kettering University), Benjamin Kuperman (Oberlin College), Jody Paul (Metropolitan State College of Denver), Ray Schneider (Bridgewater College), and Tom Stokke (University of North Dakota).
- What are the eligibility requirements for becoming an inductee?
- Anyone graduating from a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or closely related program with an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree at an institution with an active Node (Chapter) of The Pledge of the Computing Professional is eligible for membership. Membership eligibility is also extended to faculty members at institutions with active Nodes for faculty members who are actively and regularly involved with the instruction of one or more of the aforementioned programs
- What is the monthly membership cost?
- There are no monthly dues. The only costs are 1) the $50 to establish a node (one time), and, 2) the $10 per student cost at time of induction to cover for the lapel pin, certificate, and administrative costs of the organization.
- How can I get a list of the names of all inductees?
- Such a list is not available.
© 2011-2022. The Pledge of the Computing Professional. A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization